Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review: Chasing Carole by: Barbara Washburn

Chasing CaroleChasing Carole by Barbara Washburn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I must say that Ms. Washburn certainly took the time and effort for the history of Ms. Lombard and the Golden Age - but the story fell flat. A woman finds out that her mother is really Carole's child and not her cousin - goes on an adventure into the life of Carole through her journals and papers that she has received (quite easily) from John Clark Gable. From seeing ghosts, to listening to her mother's tales, and through the headaches - Cassandra makes it through.
Filled with great believable conversations but with the author's stretching to take Hollywood fact and fiction and turn it into the truth of the book leaves me ambivalent.
Storyline - ok
Description and detail - great
Truth - some (I am amazed by people thinking this is a biography like that one Loretta Young's daughter panned out)
I did enjoy losing myself in the time and into Carole. Just for that fact you will enjoy it.

View all my reviews

0 comments: