Friday, August 23, 2013

Review: The Recipe Box By: Sandra Lee

The Recipe BoxThe Recipe Box by Sandra Lee
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Oh, Sandra Lee, I had such high hopes for this book. How could I have been so wrong and disappointed.
Filled with one dimension characters with one dimensional problems, a magical solution, a none mystery, and recipes that you could pull off the internet using any cooking site. I found myself looking like a fool for actually paying for this and waiting until 150 pages in to get a grip that this is not going to get better.
With so much potential in the storyline, a friend dies, friends reunite, coming home means reconciling with the past - even if there are a few skeletons hanging in the closet that have to be put out in the open, old loves and new -- but nothing was there to enjoy. The main character was a paper doll with no real depth, the secrets were blown way out of proportion, and the wonderful way it all came together felt as fake as cubic zirconia.
I just stick to Sandra Lee's cooking tips and recipes - writing is not her forte

View all my reviews

0 comments: